The historic Lutheran Church offers to its own and to the world the one true alternative both to moral decadence, and man-centered, moralistic religion.
In that Biblical and Confessional tradition, Concordia Lutheran Church is a local gathering of Christians around the kindness of God the Father toward us in His One and Only Son, Jesus Christ, who was crucified for us. He comes to us in His Word and Sacramental gifts–to forgive our sins, strengthen our faith, and teach and guide us by His Spirit.
Our preaching does not soften God’s Laws to appeal to the masses, or to make the keeping of the Law an achievable goal for our spiritual aspirations. Through the Law comes knowledge of sin.—Romans 3:20. By works of the Law no one shall be justified.—Galatians 2:16. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.—Romans 11:32.
Our preaching centers on the Lord Christ—not merely as an example to follow, or simply a good moral teacher, or a new Law-giver. Rather, when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.—Galatians 4:4. Now, the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, ‘The righteous shall live by faith.’—Romans 1:17. We are not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.—Romans 1:16.
ACCORDINGLY, WE BELIEVE:
- All men born in the natural way are from the fall of Adam conceived and born in sin, and without forgiveness would be lost forever.
- God loved the world in this way, that He gave His One and Only Son.
- The Law of God is fulfilled only by the perfect obedience of Christ.
- The curse of the Law is removed only through the sufferings of Christ in our stead.
- All are redeemed by Christ the Crucified.
- Repentance and Remission of sins are to be preached in His Name to all nations.
- The forgiveness of sins is freely proclaimed to be received by faith.
- The message of the cross, Baptism in the Name of the Triune God, the declaration of the Holy Absolution, and the Sacrament of the Altar are all Gospel.
SINCE WE BELIEVE THESE THINGS, WE SEEK:
- To be served by the ministry of the Lord’s Word and His Supper.
- To bring God’s Word into our homes.
- To carefully hear God’s Word as it’s taught in the congregation, to ensure that it’s kept pure among us, and that we may grow in the knowledge of Christ.
- To pray for the pastor, congregational leaders, and for all the church and its work.
- To find opportunities for charity, support and encouragement for our fellow members.
- To provide financial support for the congregation, to meet our shared responsibilities and ensure that the preaching continues.
- To use our spiritual gifts to support the various committees of the congregation.
- To engage the community, both directly and indirectly, with the gospel.
Concordia Lutheran Church today continues the tradition of Christ-centered preaching and teaching; reverent and liturgical worship; practical, age-appropriate Christian education; Christian charity; community service; and Gospel outreach.
Concordia Lutheran Preschool – is accepting registrations for next Fall, 2014. Four sessions of preschool will be offered.
— Two sessions for 4 to 5 year olds, prekindergarten, either morning or afternoons on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 2 ½ hours.
— Two sessions for 3 to 4 year olds, either mornings or afternoons, on Tuesday and Thursday, for 2 hours.
If you are interested or know someone who would have a preschooler to enroll and would like some more information please call Preschool at 715-834-9097, Lynda at 715-839-0839 or email at Concordia Preschool. Thanks!